Taking Jerusalem - a city holy to the three monotheistic religions
it is a mission, adventure and even a life-changing experience.
Jerusalem has such a profound effect on its visitors, that some become delusional.
Taking it head-on requires careful planning taking into account the audience (children, youth, adults, etc'), time constraints (day of the week, winter clock, sunrise) as well as physical constraints, food wishes, and shopping desires…
Here are some of the options:
• A spectacular view of the stunning city of Olives Mountains.
• Review the walled Old City is divided into four quadrants.
• Make the pilgrimage to the Jewish Quarter, Temple Mount & the Western (Wailing) Wall.
• Visit the chilling Yad Vashem institute – Israel’s Holocaust institution.
• Walk along the Via Dolorosa, the way of sorrow taken by Jesus on the way to the crucifixion site.
• Go into the Church of the Holy Sepulcher or the Garden Tomb.
• Stroll through the Garden of Gethsemane and the Church of All Nations.
• Ascend to the Mount Zion where the Upper Room is.
• Buy in the markets and…
Let the excitement begin!